Sunday, March 18, 2012

Yarn Bomb!

So a yarn bomb went off in my town a couple weeks ago, and I finally had the time to actually walk around and admire it.  In case you have never heard of yarn bombing, Wikipedia provides a pretty good definition:  yarn bomb.  Some more really awesome work here if you are interested.

I saw my first yarn bombing last fall during the part of our honeymoon which we spent in Savannah, GA.  When I read that Carrboro was recently decorated in beautiful knitted objects, I was so excited!  Anything having to do with yarn puts a smile on my face.  Erik and I spent a little while walking around town admiring the work, and snapped some pictures as we did.  Here are some photos we took:

Yarn wrapped planters.  That is A LOT of knitting!

Green house, green landscape, green  pants...  An appropriate photo for St. Patrick's Day I must say

Yarn wrapped drinking fountain

Bike rack

Standing in front of Town Hall with one of the yarn-wrapped pillars.  I love this place!

I call this "art on art"  ;)

Me sitting on "I ♥ Yarn" bench.  Fitting?  I think so!  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment