Sunday, March 25, 2012

The waiting game

I am not very good at waiting.  In fact, I would consider myself a rather impatient person.  Probably about a 7.5/10 on the impatient person scale.  Waiting usually brings on an assortment of emotions for me that can vary from anxious, bored, or restless.  I really dislike waiting in supermarket lines.  I never turn off my laptop (only put it in standby) because the minute it takes to boot up is a minute too long.  If I am put on hold during a phone call it takes me about 11 seconds before I start picking up dog toys from the floor, watering plants, or some other neglected house chore that somehow feels like it needs to be done the second I am forced to sit and wait.  I have tried to just "enjoy the moment" in those instances, really I have.  Unfortunately I rarely succeed, although I think my house is a little cleaner because of it...

So this past week since I last checked in on here has been a mix of a whole bunch of excitement and a whole lot of nothing at the same time.  The past two weeks or so have been a "waiting game" to see if our baby-making attempts this month were a success or not.  As you just learned, I am not very good at waiting, so as you can imagine this has not exactly been a stress-free time for me.  Earlier in the week I had some signs (one in particular) that made me thing I could be pregnant.  In fact I convinced myself that I was.  Unfortunately that turned out not to be the case, and after the initial extreme disappointment subsided, I realized we begin the waiting game again...  sigh.

Likely you are thinking "just enjoy this time, you can't get it back."  And I know that.  I often try and tell myself that it's about the journey not the destination.  Then some little voice inside my head says "that's a bunch of crap.  In this case it's all about the destination and the time is now, damnit."  I know in the months to come I will look back and read this and think of it as no big deal.  I probably won't even remember how I felt.  But right now all I can think about is the impatient, baby-fever stricken girl inside me that is anxiously awaiting for that pregnancy test with two pink lines, and no amount of housecleaning is going to make that time pass any faster...

So far we have not really tried anything extraordinary to help us conceive.  We are only one month into the baby-making process so I have not broken out the basal body thermometer just yet.  However today on our weekly trip to Whole Foods, while perusing the tea isle for something new, I noticed a box of Raspberry Leaf tea.  I remembered reading somewhere that Red Raspberry Leaf tea can somehow help a womans cycle and does something beneficial to the uterus.  Figuring my uterus needs all the help she can get right now, I tossed it into the cart.  Does it really work?  I have no idea.  What I do know is that it is made by a company called Traditional Medicinals.  This company also makes a tea called "Smooth Move" which I can assure you, does do what it claims to do.  So if their poo-inducing tea is any testimonial to the effectiveness of the products they make well then bring on the baby-makin beverages!

I expected this tea to be pink in color with a fruity taste when steeped.  While it really was neither, it still was absolutely delicious!  I can see myself drinking so much of this stuff you may want to consider buying stock in it...  just sayin'...

I realize that I have included more personal information in this post than I usually do.  For that I am going to apologize and at the same time tell you to get used to it!  I may be quiet and reserved in person, but as it turns out I am somewhat of an over-sharer on the internet.  Who knew?!  Keep reading, it's likely to get even better...

No comments:

Post a Comment