Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Crafty craftyness: part II

Here are the rest of the crafts I have made so far...

Ugly Dolls:

When I saw these ugly dolls online, they looked familiar...  Then I realized I have seen them in store windows in town, and always thought they were so cute!  They were pretty quick to make, and I think I will probably make more..  I didn't have a pattern for these, I just kind of drew up the doll on paper and made my own pattern.  The trick is to draw it a little larger than you want it to be, so when you turn it inside out after sewing around the edge it will be the correct size...



Another stuffed toy - lamb:

I stumbled across these little stuffed dolls while browsing pinterest.  This link will take you to the creators etsy page.  I typically do not endorse stealing other crafters ideas, but let's face it, many people use etsy and pinterest as inspiration for their own creations.  I am providing the link to her etsy page in case you like mine and want to buy your own (and spend $75 on a single doll.)  I was able to figure out something similar by looking at the pictures, and was pretty happy with how it turned out.  When I showed it to Erik he laughed and said it was so strange looking that it was cute.  He also didn't really think it looked like a lamb!



 

Photography Assistant Onesie:

Another idea I came across on pinterest is this adorable onesie...  Right away I knew I had to have it, but when I saw the $39 price tag I decided it would be a little more economical to make my own.  I am pretty happy with how this one turned out, but I think it would have worked better if I had an embroidery hoop to stitch the letters.  I might make another one eventually...

If you want to buy your own you can do so here:  Assistant Onesie

Here is mine:


Total cost of ugly dolls: less than $1 in materials for both (I already had the fiberfil stuffing on hand)
Total cost of lamb doll: less than $1 (I was able to use scrap fabric and felt for most of it)
Total cost of photography assistant onesie:  $3 for new white onesie (I used thread and felt I already had lying around)

Happy crafting y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment