Saturday, June 15, 2013

10 weeks

Somehow I kinda skipped over my 9 week update didn't I?  Oops..  Well, I have been busy!  I have been meaning to start taking weekly photos since the ultrasound but with the move/unpacking and having my camera equipment scattered around the house it just didn't happen.  Yesterday I took a few photos though, as I am now 10.5 weeks and there are some noticeable changes starting to take place!

As previously mentioned, my parents were supposed to visit this weekend, and the plan was to tell them the news while they were here.  Unfortunately, they had something come up and couldn't make it, so we told them over the phone last night.  They were of course, very excited!  We tried to tell Erik's parents but they were not available by phone so the plan is to tell them later today.  We also told my sister Megan the happy news last night.  It feels great to share the news with our family.  We have known for 7 weeks now - I have no idea how we kept it a secret this long.  I managed to catch their responses on video and plan to share them in my next post.

This week has been an important milestone to me, as I am now past the point where the last pregnancy ended.  Actually, last weekend was exactly a year since the miscarriage.  It was a strange few days for me, remembering where I was a year ago and what a difficult time it was.  Thankfully, I am in a very good place right now, which I am sure made this "anniversary" a lot easier to get through.  It's crazy to think of everything that happened in the last year, from the terrible time surrounding the loss of the baby, to buying the new house and renovation, and needing to wait so long to try and conceive again...  It's certainly not a year of my life that I would ever want to repeat.  But, I guess it got me to where I am today, and that is a pretty good place to be...

10.5 weeks

Ok...  On to the 10 week update!  According to thebump.com, this week the baby is about 1.2 inches long (about the size of a prune) and weighs about .14 ounces.  He/she also has working arm joints, and the cartilage and bones are forming.  Hair and fingernails are starting to appear, as well the baby is already swallowing and kicking (although it's going to be a couple months yet until I can actually feel those kicks...)

For the most part, I have been feeling great these past couple of weeks.  Nearly everyday I still get a wave or two of nausea (more so if I didn't sleep well the night before) but it usually resolves in just a short amount of time.  Only a few times recently have I become really nauseated and needed to rest or stop whatever it was that I was doing.  I have not been nearly as fatigued as I was in earlier weeks, although I do get periods of that from time to time as well.  In the past week, I have really noticed some roundness in my lower abdomen.  It's probably a lot of bloating/food right now, haha...  But even in the morning with no food (and not feeling bloated) there is still some new roundness present.  I have been the most comfortable wearing loose dresses and skirts lately, and I think I can safely say that my tight jeans will be out of circulation for a while now!

Here are a few photos that I took yesterday:




Side note: this skirt (by old navy) was bought recently at a thrift shop for only $3, and is my new favorite piece of clothing.  Stretchy waistbands are my new best friend  ;)

My first appointment at the Birthing Center is coming up in just a week and a half, at which point I will be 12 weeks along.  If all goes well and we hear the heartbeat, we plan to spill the beans to everyone else after the appointment.  I can't wait to tell friends and coworkers.  I have been waiting to share this happy news for a long time now!  I even have a cute little surprise planned to tell them the news...

Here is looking foward to another week of feeling good and growing bigger  ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment