Hello, I am here again... After two weeks away from blogging I have returned with some updates! This past weekend we were in Asheville for the French Broad Cycling Classic, a three day bike race that Erik was competing in. He did an amazing job, taking 8th place overall and placing higher than some of the pro's. So proud of him! Unfortunately on Sunday during the crit his teammate wound up getting in a pretty nasty crash pretty much right where I was standing photographing the race. Realizing how much he was bleeding from his head was enough to put me (a nurse) in somewhat of an internal panic. The EMT's showed up within minutes but it didn't take anyone very long to decide that he was going to need stitches. Once they controlled the bleeding I ended up driving him to the hospital. So I did miss the end of the race, but was happy to be there with his teammate who would have otherwise been alone and would have had to take an expensive ambulance ride the short distance to the nearby hospital. All in all, it was a pretty good weekend (minus the obvious injury) and I took just a few good pictures... Here are my favorites:
 |
| Lucy, team mascot. Couldn't leave her out as I was taking the team's head shots before Sunday's race ;) |
 |
| River Arts District is a neat old part of Asheville where the crit was held on Sunday |
 |
| Erik and his teammate Chris |
 |
| Erik during Sunday's crit |
In other exciting news, last night we put in an offer on a new house!! This comes to a surprise to even
us, as we had not been planning on or even really talking about moving anytime soon. We knew when we bought our current house and renovated it that it would not be a long term house and the plan was to rent it out when we found a bigger place. Well, we didn't think we would find that place so soon but we think that we have! The location
can't be beat and it is just the right size. It does need a bit of work, but that is nothing new to us and we would both welcome the opportunity to fix up another house and make it our own. Fortunately this one does not need the major renovation that our current one did, because given its larger size I don't think we would have the time/energy/funds to take on a project that big. Anyway, we haven't heard from the sellers yet so we have our fingers crossed we can come to an agreement with them. The truth is, we don't
need to move right now, we have a great little house to live in and are happy here, but if the price is right we want to make the leap. Here's hoping we get that chance :)
No comments:
Post a Comment