Tuesday, March 8, 2016

one month

these pregnancy posts were kept private until we were ready to announce the happy news to friends and family.  this post originally written on 12/20/15.

It seems a little silly to start writing updates at just a month.  But I am gonna do it anyway.  My plan is to write an update every month of the pregnancy so I gotta start sometime.

Officially I am four weeks plus a couple of days.  And overall feeling pretty good.  A few symptoms have popped up in the last week which is a fantastic sign that things are moving along in a good direction, and have eased some worry.  So far no morning sickness, but something of the opposite.  I am hungry. all. the. freaking. time.  Two hours after a regular sized meal I find myself already looking for a snack.  Unfortunately regular food doesn't sound all that great now, and all I have been feeling like is carbs (read: vegan mac & cheese like every every day.)  I have also been dealing with some insomnia which is not helping the waves of fatigue that have been coming and going.  The fatigue isn't too bad yet, just my body's way of telling me to go to bed early or to sit down and rest for a bit.  Breast tenderness started a few days ago, noticed only when my toddler decided to body slam my chest. 

What is even sillier than writing this little update is to post a belly pic when the belly is non-existent.  So, we will just call this the "before" picture.  I took this photo this morning on my way to yoga.  I didn't have on a stitch of makeup and the mirror is covered in water spots, but whatev.


So, that is really all I have to say for now.  I have a really good feeling that this pregnancy is headed in the right direction and if all goes well I will write more in another month! 

No comments:

Post a Comment