Saturday, March 28, 2015

currently

Ever feel like blogging but don't really have anything that important to write about?  Yea, that's me today.  So, I might ramble on about absolutely nothing.  You have been warned.



Reading:   Sadly, nothing!  I have a few books lined up but nothing that looks so great that I can't wait to pick it up and start reading... So there they sit.  Taking recommendations for really good books, the kind where I won't mind losing hours of sleep because even though I know I have to get up early with Arlo, the book is so good I will stay up way past my bedtime reading it.


Making: Ugh - again, nothing lately!  I have all the supplies for a really cute crochet project but haven't had much motivation to start.  The idea of getting out my yarn, scissors, and hooks is not all that appealing when I know our tornado of a toddler is going to grab them and run off the second he can.  And I thought it was hard to crochet with cats...


Eating:  Smoothies!  Wait - can you eat a smoothie?!  We have been on quite the smoothie kick lately.  I discovered a couple of weeks ago that Arlo will drink smoothies (and only smoothies) from a straw cup, so I have been making one everyday to replace his afternoon bottle.  Favorite smoothie ingredients right now are bananas, blueberries, spinach, flax oil, vanilla, and Arlo's milk concoction (hemp, oat, soy, and flax milk mixed in equal parts.)  He loves it and so do I!


Feeling:  Mildly frustrated with house hunting.  Everything we find that is the right size in the right location is a plain squarish box with no character.  Everything we find that actually has character is about half the size we are looking for, or in an undesirable location.  Trying to have faith that something will come along soon.  I am not eager to leave our current area - but I am eager to know where we will land next.  And then get our current house on the market.  So I guess what I am really feeling is a bit impatient.


Wearing:  Ummmm....  So my wardrobe these days are pretty much yoga leggings and non-pajama t-shirts.  And yes, to a mom of a toddler this actually counts as real clothes.  Comfortable, easy to pick out, and perfect for chasing our (almost) 15 month old around the house, playground, or library.  Let's face it - we don't really go anyplace too fancy these days.



Watching:  Parenthood, season five.  I almost gave up on this show when it got a little slow and boring.  So glad I stuck with it, it is soooo good again!  Almost done with this season and can't wait to see what happens next.  Sadly, Erik couldn't hang and has not been watching it with me.  However, the timing has been great - Parenthood for me while he watches basketball.  Gotta love March Madness  :)


Looking forward to:  Easter!  Not only am I super excited for Arlo to wake up and see his Easter basket and hunt for eggs, but we also have special visitors that will be here over Easter weekend.  Mémère and Papa (Erik's parents) are coming to visit!  Although we have Skype dates with them from time to time, we have not seen them in person since Thanksgiving.  I can't wait for them to see how much Arlo has changed since then.


Loving:  Warm spring days (today excluded - it's very cold outside considering we are at the end of March.)  Playdates with Arlo's little friends (and their parents who are capable of adult conversation!)  Reading books to Arlo - he is finally starting to bring them to me as if he wants to sit together and read (and when he does my heart melts into a little puddle on the floor.)  and also, Sunday morning yoga with Mama R.  It is the best!



And I can't put up a post without a picture of Arlo, so here is a few taken this morning at a local Easter egg hunt.  We met up with our good friends, the W family.  It was the kids first egg hunt and they had so much fun.  There were 2,000 eggs hidden in a large grassy area, and both babies would have been happy to have grabbed just one each.  Ha!  They are the cutest...


besties

there are 2,00 eggs here, but this one is my favorite!



No comments:

Post a Comment