Saturday, October 5, 2013

Half Moon Arm Warmers

Last weekend I finally finished up a crochet pattern I have been wanting to write for over a year now.  I picked a good time of the year to work on it, as the pattern is a pair of cozy arm warmers and the cooler months are just ahead.  I was inspired to write this pattern from a pair of knitted arm warmers that I picked up at a yard sale last year.  I have searched the internet for a similar pattern to make sure I wasn't creating something that was already out there, but have found nothing even close.  It took a lot longer than I though it would to get them just right, and I had to experiment with several types of yarn and different hook sizes to get them to fit and still be stretchy enough to fit hands/arms slightly larger or smaller than mine.

I give you my four failed attempts:

fail.

And now...  the end result (5th time is the charm I guess!):



(arm warmers...  and a 25 week belly shot!)

I am really happy with the end result, and love the yarn colors so much that I am currently using the leftovers to make Sprout an adorable winter hat.  The yarn I used is by Bernat, and is an 80% acrylic and 20% wool blend.  The wool adds warmth but the acrylic keeps them super soft and non-itchy.  If you are interested in buying the pattern, it can be found in my etsy store here:  Half Moon Arm Warmers Crochet Pattern.

I have the goal to write one more pattern before our little guy is born, and already have it started.  It's hard to find time these days though and between writing the pattern, physically making the item, photographing it, editing the finished pattern, converting it into .pdf format, and listing it on etsy, it ends up being quite the time consuming process.  Hopefully I will find the time in the next couple of months, because I know come January it's going to be a while before I have any time for crocheting...

First things first though...  Got to finish this cute hat for our sweet little guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment