Tuesday, October 1, 2013

25 weeks

In case you missed my last post, during my 25th week of pregnancy I also celebrated my 31st birthday.  It was a great day, I allowed myself to be very lazy for several hours in the afternoon (which was exactly what I was needing) and then Erik took me out for a little shopping/dinner/music in town that evening when he got home from work.  I love this time of the year.  Once my birthday rolls around, I know that cooler weather, fall color, apple cider, and cozier evenings are just around the corner...  Erik spent the weekend doing "manly" things in the yard - cleaning out our shed, building a shelter in the backyard to hold firewood over the winter, and even made me a little garden that I requested.  He really is the best  :)  I mostly stayed inside working on a project I have been meaning to finish for a long time now - a new pattern for the etsy shop...  Expect a post on that very soon - I am in the editing stage and it's almost ready for it's debut... 
 
On to the 25 week update!
 
25 weeks + 4 days

At 25 weeks baby B is the size of a cauliflower, measuring in at about 14 inches in length and weighing somewhere between 1.5 - 2.5 pounds.  He continues to add more fat to his tiny little body and has recently developed a sense of equilibrium, allowing him to know which way is up and which way is down.  I will say though, he still spends most of his (awake) time in the breech position, as I am receiving most of the kicks in the lower part of my belly. 
 
25 weeks + 4 days

The only recent development I have to mention this week (besides the obviously growing belly) is difficulty sleeping.  There have been a few rough nights lately and can't seem to figure out why.  I feel like I am awakened very easliy, but even if nothing wakes me I find myself up around 4:30am some nights unable to fall back asleep.  In my previous life (pre-bump) I would almost always fall back asleep just from turning over onto my stomach...  With that not an option these days I am trying to find other comfortable positions but it's just not as easy.  I often wake myself up just from turning from side to side - it has become this big dramatic production of sitting all the way up, adjusting my pillow and blankets, and then rolling over.  What?!  Everytime I wake myself up from that I get a little annoyed, as I think it's totally unnecessary, lol...  Also, whenever I am awake during the night I have realized that Sprout is up too.  Not only is he awake, he is holding his own personal dance party, having a great time kicking, rolling, punching, and doing whatever else he does in there.  I swear he is kicking so hard now that he is launching himself off one side of the uterus and crashing his head into the other...  At least that is how it feels!  Sometimes I just lay there awake and enjoy it, I love feeling him move - even at 3am.  And besides, it's probably never too soon to get used to being awake that early with him  ;)
 
My next midwife appointment is next week, and then I start to follow up at the birthing center every two weeks after that.  We need to get on that birthing class registration soon too.  Week 26 starts tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment