Anyways, the weekend improved drastically the next morning and ended up being a really good one in the end (see, it was the curse of the 13th I tell you!) On to the 23 week pregnancy update! :)
![]() |
| 23 weeks + 4 days |
At 23 weeks the baby is the size of a grapefruit, measuring about 10.5 to 11.8 inches in length and weighing in somewhere between 12.7 to 20.8 ounces. (Seems a little strange to me, I have never personally eaten an 11 inch grapefruit, but maybe the people at thebump.com have!) This week, the baby is forming little nipples, and the face is fully formed - it just needs a little fat to fill it out. He is listening to our voices and other noises, which makes me hope that is is starting to adjust to Lucy's occasional barking. I would prefer he come out already able to sleep through that ;)
As far as my symptoms go, nothing too new to report. Although I will say that this evening I feel so incrediably full. I had to force myself to eat something for dinner when I got home, as all I had eaten since lunch was a little bit of pineapple and some carrots + hummus. Not enough calories to call a meal! I also feel like things are really starting to stretch on the inside. The last few walks I have taken I have gotten crampy (like runners cramps) in my very lower abdomen, and I am really not overexerting myself at all. It always goes away when I get home. Baby B is definitely moving around more everyday as well. The other night he got into the weirdest position, it was like two giant humps sticking out of my belly! I showed Erik and he was laughing at the weirdness of it all. I think it was a butt and head sticking up but I couldn't really tell. Also, yesterday he was kicking so much, I lifted up my shirt and actually saw various parts of my belly pop out when he kicked. I love just sitting and feeling/watching him move...
Last week I saw the midwife for my monthly check-up and she said everything looks great. According to the measurements taken at the ultrasound he is in the 43rd percentile for growth, which she said was average. She also doesn't think I am on track to have a 10 lb baby (like Erik was) and that was a bit reassuring. I have gained 11 lbs so far, which is actually a little less than I thought. The midwife said since I am in the 25-35 lb recommended weight gain category, I should have gained about 10 lbs by week 20. So I am pretty much right on track for being 23 weeks. The next visit is in 4 weeks, and then they will be seeing me every 2 weeks. She also talked with me about signing up for birthing classes soon. I keep thinking all this stuff is way in the future, but it's really just around the corner I guess!
And lastly... Part of the reason the weekend got so much better was my sale-ing trip on Saturday morning. I picked up quite a few great things for baby B, but the biggest score was a like-new Chicco Liteway Stroller (in blue!) The parents selling it said that they used it with both of their daughters but I can't see how... Even the wheels look new. Did they only drive it on carpet?!
![]() |
| Amazon price $140. I scored this stroller for just $30!! |
I was all set and ready to buy or register for a much more expensive (and fancy) stroller... But after I picked up this one I really don't think there will be a need. I can't imagine it really being a necessity for the first couple of months (he will be arriving in January after all) and this will be perfect starting when he is a few months old. It reclines flat and has a 5 point adjustable harness so it can be used with babies that are quite young. So happy I found this deal! I also picked up a Maya Wrap Sling (in my size and in blue) last week for... $1! True story. It was at my local thrift shop without a price tag, and the (somewhat rude) lady behind the counter just made up a price when I asked her about it. I quickly forgave her for her rudeness since I was so happy to score this $70 sling in excellent condition for next to nothing. And just like that, the weekend was instantly made better. I came home with our awesome new(ish) stroller and some other assorted goodies, spent some quality time with Erik and Lucy, and suddenly the awful Friday the 13th was (nearly) forgotten... :)


No comments:
Post a Comment