BOY!!!
Our gender reveal/housewarming party last Friday was a wonderful success, and I couldn't have imagined a better way to find out the gender of our sweet little baby! I plan to write an entire post about the party and ultrasound, but I couldn't wait to make the announcement... little boy it is! Yay! :D
More on all that excitement a little bit later... Here we are at 22 weeks, bump and baby growing bigger everyday it seems! :)
![]() |
| 22 weeks + 3 days |
At 22 weeks our little guy is the size of a papaya, measuring around 10.5 to 11.8 inches in length and weighing in at about 12.7 to 20.8 ounces. We were told at the ultrasound on Friday that he weighs around a pound right now, and the midwife informed me at my appointment yesterday that he measures in the 43rd percentile for growth, which is considered average.
| 22 weeks + 2 days |
According to thebump.com, at this stage, he is sleeping in cycles and spends around 12-14 hours per day asleep. I can definitely tell when he wakes up - he is getting to be quite the little wiggleworm! Nearly every time I am in the car he starts kicking and moving about as well. Either he likes the vibration of the car or he is already a car guy like his Father, but in any case I have decided to pick up one of those little vibrating baby chairs for him to use after he is born. Hopefully the vibrations are something he likes, and the chair can mimic that!
I am actually having a few new symptoms these days as well. My belly button started "flattening out" around week 19 or so, and now it is starting to slowly pop out just a little. I also seem to be getting out of breath more easily, especially if I am trying to walk and have a conversation at the same time. I still walk Lucy everyday for 25-45 minutes, and I am on my feet most of the day, whether at home or at work. I am doing yoga when I can, but in recent weeks it has been rare for me to have the time. It is one thing I am focused on getting back into more seriously in the very near future. I feel soooo good after yoga and this past weekend it really seemed to help stretch out my tight muscles. And finally the newest symptom, is I am starting to develop that "mask of pregnancy" across my forehead and cheeks. It is a weird spotty darkness appearing rather unevenly. I can't say that I am enjoying this symptom, but it's not really that big of a deal either. I guess it's part of the package deal, haha... It should fade after delivery, but I am not all that worried about it anyway.
This weekend we will be celebrating our two year wedding anniversary (which was technically yesterday) by taking a little trip to Charleston, SC. We are staying at a sweet little bed & breakfast outside the city, trying to give ourselves a nice mix of fun and relaxation all in one trip. After this weekend things start to calm down for us, as we only have two more short trips planned before the due date in January. My plan is to go further into "nesting mode" (although if you saw the nursery closet you would think I was already there!) and spend most of the next few months getting ready for the arrival of this little peanut. There are blankets to crochet, etsy patterns to write, and baby vibration chairs to research. You know, the important stuff in life!
Next up, the details on our gender reveal party, and the fun way we found out this little munchkin in my belly is a B O Y!!! :D
| "It's a boy!" |


No comments:
Post a Comment