Tuesday, July 16, 2013

14 weeks

If I was one day later posting this it would be a 15 week update!  But, at this point I am trying not to skip any, so let's just try and pretend I posted this a few days ago...  I am now a full week into my second trimester, which is kind of crazy to think about!  I am feeling great, although have been dealing with some pretty intense headaches lately.  This is so unlike me, I almost never get headaches.  I don't know if it is related to not sleeping too great lately, or the pregnancy itself.  I finally broke down a few days ago and took a tylenol (gasp!) and it didn't seem to touch it, so I have been just trying relaxation/distraction techniques to deal with them... and it kinda helps... sometimes.  Other than that, I am feeling pretty great!

We were suppose to head up north to Michigan last Friday, and at the last minute (Friday morning actually) I had a change of plans... or rather a change of heart.  I decided it best that we cancel the trip and stay home instead.  I allowed myself to take the past five days off and do things for myself, including long walks with the Lucy girl, yoga, organizing some things I have been putting off since we moved in, gave my etsy shop a facelift, cooked a lot of yummy food, and I even started working on a new crochet pattern for my etsy store!  Here is a little preview...  I bet it won't be hard to figure out what this mobile is going to be...


It has been great having so much time off to relax and just enjoy some things that I like to do!  I seem to keep myself so busy sometimes I forget to take the time to do the things that make me the happiest...

Anyway, on to the 14 week update!

14 weeks + 3 days

Erik took these photos as we were running out the door to dinner on Saturday night.  The camera battery died after just a couple photos so I didn't have many to choose from.  Also, we were having an unseasonably cool evening in the low 70's so I put on jeans for the first time in a long time, and quickly realized that was a big mistake!  They seemed to fit initially, but the car ride home with a full tummy was rather uncomfortable.  I think I will stick with my stretchy yoga pants and summer dresses for the next few months!

This week, the baby is the size of a lemon (how appropriate given my craving for lemons this entire pregnancy so far.)  He/she measures about 3.4 inches and weighs about 1.5 ounces, nearly doubling it's weight since last week!

It's possible that the baby is sucking it's thumb already, and might be wiggling it's toes as well.  The kidneys are making urine (which will be excreted into the amniotic fluid which the baby will then drink -  weird and awesome at the same time), and the liver and spleen are functioning now too.  Also, the baby is growing lanugo - a thin, peach-like fuzz all over it's body.

I haven't really had any weird cravings, up until a few days ago.  I had a short phase of putting Franks Red Hot Sauce on everything I possibly could, and the other night laying in bed I told Erik that a dill pickle covered in Franks sounded like the most delicious thing I could think of.  I really wasn't trying to be that weird "pickles & ice cream lady," it just honestly sounded amazing at the time.  Now, it doesn't sound quite as good but given the opportunity I am sure I wouldn't turn it down  ;)

Up until about a week ago I had zero feeling on what the sex of the baby would be...  Pre-pregnancy I was so certain our first born would be a boy that I even painted the nursery a very light bluish-green during the house renovation.  But recently, I have had actually started to have feelings that there is a little girl growing in there!  I don't know why I feel that way, I just kind of got that feeling one day.  I wouldn't mind being wrong here - I would love to have a boy.  But if I am right, it will be just as awesome - we would be having a girl!  I feel like this is a win-win so I don't mind sharing my "instinctual feeling" on this one  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment