Well, 6 weeks plus a few days. We finally had the Big Move last weekend and while it was extremely exhausting, it actually went pretty smoothly. The day after the move though, I started feeling not quite right. I felt even more exhausted than usual and started to feel a little queasy. I thought it was due to the physically exhausting activity the past few days. The next day (Monday) I felt even worse. Fatigued and nauseated all day, I spent nearly the entire day on the couch. Thankfully I had taken the day off from work since I knew I would want a few days off to get settled into the new house before returning to work. I don't think I actually unpacked anything since I was feeling so ill! The rest of the week I have spent feeling much the same, although not quite as bad as Monday. For some reason I feel worse at home than I do when I am at work. The new house has a lot of "smells" that never bothered me before we moved in. The kitchen has a musty odor, the living room suddenly reeks of the wood burning fireplace (even though it has not been used in months) and now the new carpet upstairs is smelling worse than ever. Ugh. Erik claims he can't smell any of it, but I sure can! Even the cardboard boxes from the move have a bad smell. I didn't notice it while I was packing, but just being around them now makes my stomach turn. I had Erik run out to CVS a few nights ago and pick me up some Sea Bands as I have heard these are quite successful with helping nausea. I can't really tell much if they are helping or not. The nausea is intermittent and seems to be triggered by a hungry stomach or an unpleasant smell. Thankfully at the time of writing this, I have not yet actually thrown up. I feel lucky that it has not gotten to that point. I know a lot of women have it so much worse than I do.
All that being said, even though I feel so exhausted and nauseated most of the time, I feel like since my symptoms are so much different this time around that perhaps this pregnancy will have a happier outcome, and that it may just be progressing as it should. The other day while driving in the car together Erik said something like "I feel really bad that you are not feeling well, but at the same time I am like YES, you REALLY ARE pregnant!" It was funny and sweet at the same time.
The ultrasound for the fertility study is in less than two weeks now, and I can't wait. My parents will be visiting two weeks after that, and we plan to wait until they come to tell them the happy news so we can do it in person. We will tell Eriks parents around the same time, but unfortunately have to do it over the phone again. I have a little plan in my head of how we will share the news, and hopefully we can capture it on camera this time as well...
In other news, we are slowly adjusting to life at the new house. Since I have not really been up to unpacking much, we are still living in quite the disorganized space! Fortunately the cats and Lucy have adjusted quite well. Lucy thinks it is great that the upstairs and downstairs both flow in a "circle" and she can run around without having to stop and turn around. Last night we got her going and she did what I like to call "spaz dog," running through the guest room, guest bath, laundry area, and main upstairs hallway, around and around barking and acting all wild, ha! She also loves our daily walks in the woods across the street where she is allowed off leash to try and catch squirrels. She never even comes close as they are up a tree before she even gets within 10 feet of them, but that never stops her from trying...
Speaking of which, I think Lucy is ready for her daily dose of squirrel chasing, the washer just dinged at me, and I have a goal of unpacking a few boxes more today before Erik gets home from work. I hope my next post brings news of a less nauseated tummy, but unfortunately I think this is just the beginning of what to expect in the first trimester...
No comments:
Post a Comment