Exactly a year ago to the day, I woke up and took a pregnancy test... And discovered we were expecting! Unfortunately that pregnancy ended too soon and I lost the baby at 10 weeks.
This morning, I woke up and took a pregnancy test....
And found out that we are expecting!
I really didn't plan to take a test exactly a year later, I was instructed to take a pregnancy test every three days after day 28 of my cycle for the fertility study I enrolled in. Honestly though, I was pretty sure I was pregnant on Thursday when I took the test before this one. It was initially negative, but after sitting a while it developed the faintest line. That combined with the familiar feeling of sore and enlarging breasts, was a pretty good indicator that indeed a baby was on the way.
This morning I took the test that was provided by the fertility study, and initially it registered negative! Not even a faint line appeared. Confused and a little nervous (as I expected by today it would register loud and clear) I tried one of the digital tests I had leftover from last time... Relief and happiness set in when the word PREGNANT registered on the screen. Shortly after, the first test started showing a very faint line...
Erik and I are both so excited and a little surprised it happened so fast! Not only that, but I have realized my due date (early January) is almost exactly to the day the same as it would have been last time around... What a strange coincidence.
Even with all the happiness I am feeling right now, I can't help but think about what happened last time, and how it could happen again. Instead of planning ahead for the milestones - hearing the heartbeat, finding out the gender (if we decide to), and thinking about the other things that lay ahead, I find myself thinking "If I make it that far..." Hopefully these fears will be alleviated at the study ultrasound in a few weeks, which is the primary reason I enrolled in the study in the first place. We will wait to tell anyone (even our parents) until after we know if everything is okay at that visit. (Side note: if you are just starting to read this blog, at the time of writing this the settings were still set to private. It did not go live until after we shared the news with everyone...)
Until then, we will be focusing on the big move to the new house, which happens in just 13 days!! We are so close to being done I can almost taste it, haha. Speaking of which, I am headed out the door in a few minutes as we still have quite a bit of work to do before we move in. At least as I work today I will have something good to daydream about! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment