8 Weeks:
8 Week Stats:
raspberry baby
Symptoms:
No new cravings this week, but I have seemed to back off the citrus fruit kick that I had been on for the last few weeks. Even pickles and salty things are just an occasional snack. So far my diet has not changed too much because of the pregnancy. And thanks to the CSA we joined, we have a giant box of organic and pesticide-free produce being delivered every week which has required us to eat some veggies that we wouldn't normally buy. Recently we have had bok choy, rutabagas, swiss chard, and turnips. We have also been supplied with some of our favorites: sweet potatoes, kale, broccoli, and beets. All good nutrition for growing a little baby!
In other news, I decided not to run the 10k that I had been planning on doing yesterday. I went out for a 6 mile training run on Tuesday, and did fine until just after mile 3. I became very hot, thirsty, and started to get fatigued. Normally I would push through and likely feel fine if I kept going, but given the circumstances I opted to turn off my planned route and walk the 1.5 miles home. Even though I decided not to do the 10k yesterday, Lucy and I went out in the morning and ran our usual very hilly 5k route, and I felt great afterwards, like I could have gone a lot further. So perhaps I could have done it, but I will never know. More important things to focus on right now! So no more races this year, but I do plan to keep running/jogging/walking as long as I possibly can.
Well one thing is for sure... Every week my roots are getting darker and darker, ha! I had been planning on coloring my hair returning my hair to what should have been the color I was born with the weekend that I found out I was pregnant. I was long overdue for a touch-up four weeks ago. Now I have crossed into new territory - two toned striped hair. It's a good look for me, you think? ;) While I have read in many places that coloring your hair while pregnant is safe, it is recommended that you wait until the second trimester when all the vital organs have finished forming to do so. So that is my plan... Until then please enjoy some rather humorous photos of my multi-colored hair!
As far at the belly photos go, to anyone else, I might look like I ate too many desserts lately... There certainly isn't a bump at this point but my stomach is definitely pushing out more (I'm quite sure this is all just bloating!) Even Erik told me that I don't look like my "usual shape" haha. Fortunately at this point the change is not noticeable with clothes on, which is good because we still haven't told anyone else yet. The Midwife appointment is just over two weeks away so hopefully soon we will be spreading the good news to close friends and family!
As far at the belly photos go, to anyone else, I might look like I ate too many desserts lately... There certainly isn't a bump at this point but my stomach is definitely pushing out more (I'm quite sure this is all just bloating!) Even Erik told me that I don't look like my "usual shape" haha. Fortunately at this point the change is not noticeable with clothes on, which is good because we still haven't told anyone else yet. The Midwife appointment is just over two weeks away so hopefully soon we will be spreading the good news to close friends and family!
- At 8 weeks the baby is the size of a raspberry, weighs approx .04 ounces and measures about .63 inches. This week, growth is about a millimeter each day.
- Webbed fingers and toes are poking out from the baby's hands and feet, eyelids practically cover the eyes, breathing tubes extend from the throat to the branches of the developing lungs, and the "tail" is just about gone.
- The baby has started moving around, waving around his/her tiny arms and legs.
- In the baby's brain, nerve cells are branching out to connect with one another, forming primitive neural pathways.
- The taste buds are now forming. (Does this have anything to do with why I am so hungry?) ;)
Symptoms:
Happy to report, I am still feeling great! Really not much new to report this week... Still hungry most of the time (but it has seemed to settle down just a bit), breasts still large and slightly sore (two sports bras and a tight tank top have become my best friend on our morning runs), and I have still managed to remain free from morning sickness. I called my Mom earlier this week concerned that something was wrong because I really do feel so normal, and she reassured me that both of her pregnancies were the same way. She said if it wasn't for her clothes getting tighter she might have never known she was pregnant! That made me feel a little better but I don't think I will be able to completely relax until we hear the heartbeat at the Midwife appointment in two weeks.
No new cravings this week, but I have seemed to back off the citrus fruit kick that I had been on for the last few weeks. Even pickles and salty things are just an occasional snack. So far my diet has not changed too much because of the pregnancy. And thanks to the CSA we joined, we have a giant box of organic and pesticide-free produce being delivered every week which has required us to eat some veggies that we wouldn't normally buy. Recently we have had bok choy, rutabagas, swiss chard, and turnips. We have also been supplied with some of our favorites: sweet potatoes, kale, broccoli, and beets. All good nutrition for growing a little baby!
In other news, I decided not to run the 10k that I had been planning on doing yesterday. I went out for a 6 mile training run on Tuesday, and did fine until just after mile 3. I became very hot, thirsty, and started to get fatigued. Normally I would push through and likely feel fine if I kept going, but given the circumstances I opted to turn off my planned route and walk the 1.5 miles home. Even though I decided not to do the 10k yesterday, Lucy and I went out in the morning and ran our usual very hilly 5k route, and I felt great afterwards, like I could have gone a lot further. So perhaps I could have done it, but I will never know. More important things to focus on right now! So no more races this year, but I do plan to keep running/jogging/walking as long as I possibly can.
Until next time, grow little raspberry grow!



No comments:
Post a Comment