6 weeks:
6 Week Stats:
- Baby is the size of a sweet pea (about .25 inches) and will double in size again by next week
- The nose, eyes, ears, chin and cheeks are starting to develop, and paddle-like arms and legs are starting to emerge
- The heart is beating at 100-160 beats per minute and blood is starting to pump through the tiny pea-sized body
Symptoms:
Luckily, no new symptoms in the last week! My body seems to be craving carbs for the past few days, and no we are not talking whole grains and fruit here, more like potato chips and toast! Perhaps it is because we are on vacation and I always tend to let myself splurge a little at times like these. I did give in and enjoy some treats while at the Parental's house, but for the most part during the pregnancy I have been eating 95% organic whole foods (kale, quinoa, rice, romaine, etc...) and nothing processed so I am not punishing myself too much for a few treats here and there. Plus, when my Mom makes vegan nutella and buys whole-grain gluten-free bread how can I say no to that combination?! Other then that, no morning sickness, energy levels are pretty good, and sleep is starting to get back on track. I am having to pee often but I am also drinking a ton of water so that definitely has something to do with it.
Oh, and now that my Mom knows the big secret, I am finally able to ask her about her pregnancies. As it turned out, she never experienced any morning sickness with me or my sister, and said the thing she remembers most was a big increase in bra cup size. No surprise, that is also my main symptom so far! Hopefully I will be one of the lucky few who escapes the dreadful pregnancy nausea, but it's still too soon to tell. I have read it usually starts around week 6 or 7 so I have my fingers crossed that I will have a very similar "symptom" update next week ;)
In other news, we have the first appointment with the Midwife scheduled for a month from today. They typically see patients for their first visit between 10-12 weeks, and I will be right around 11 weeks at that time. Hopefully we will be able to hear the heartbeat at that time. If all goes well, I think we will be able to start spreading the news to more than just our immediate family after the first appointment.
Until then, we can at least now talk about the excitement with more than just each other! :D



No comments:
Post a Comment