I used the green yarn for a project today, which I have to say turned out even cuter than I expected it to! The weather turned cold and rainy overnight, and we are even under a "winter weather advisery" for the rest of the afternoon and tonight. To me this is perfect weather to stay in, relax, snuggle up with Erik, and of course spend some time crafting. This weekends project: a little green dragon!
I introduce to you, Loki the lucky dragon:
Another pattern from pinterest, this little guy was made with a cotton/acrylic blend yarn, beige felt for the wings and tummy, brown felt for the horns, buttons for the eyes, fiberfill stuffing, and of course love.
Pattern can be found here: "All About Ami" Dragon Pattern
Cute little dragon tail so he can stand up on his own :)
After doing some research I learned the following info:
According to the Chinese Zodiac, the Year of 2012 is the Year of the Dragon, which began on January 23, 2012 and will end on February 9, 2013. The Dragon is a creature of myth
and legend. In ancient China, the celestial Dragon represents an
emperor and power. Today, it is the ultimate auspicious symbol
signifying success and happiness.
As well, the Dragon is a symbol of good luck. 2012 has already been filled with lots of joy and happiness for Erik and I but perhaps this little guy will help bring us some extra good luck for the rest of the year :)
No comments:
Post a Comment