Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Gemma the Giraffe

I came across this pattern for a crocheted giraffe recently, and had to make him right away:


It was very easy to make and probably took about 3 hours total.  I added some pink spots which I think makes her a girl, so I named her Gemma.  She is made entirely with organic yarn and stuffed with fiberfill stuffing.  I think she turned out quite cute and would be loved by any baby, boy or girl.



Yesterday was Valentines Day, and Erik and I had a very lovely evening together.  We went to our favorite restaurant Vimala's for dinner.  Eating here pretty much always guarantees an amazing meal!  We picked up dessert on the way home, a big vegan cookie for Erik and a pint of Ciao Bella Dark Chocolate sorbet for me.  If you have never tried this dessert you must, it is soooo good.  The Blood Orange and Mango flavors are amazing as well.  We ended the day with an episode of our new favorite show, Downton Abbey.  We started watching it earlier this week and became hooked after the first episode.  If you are looking for a show that is something a little different than your typical viewing experience, check it out.


Gemma and I hope you all had a nice Valentines day as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment