This past weekend we took Arlo on his first beach vacation. Surely he won't remember it, or the next few trips to follow, but I like to think he had a great time anyway. Our friend Melissa and her little boy Tommy live near Wilmington, so one of the highlights of any beach trip is a visit with them! Baby T is exactly 4 weeks younger than Arlo. I am hoping they will be great friends when they are a little older! Here are a few pics of our visit with them:
 |
| Arlo 4 months old, Tommy 3 months old |
 |
| Three of my favorite people :) |
Saturday night we had a family date night at a delicious Thai restaurant in Willmington. We agreed to be put on the wait list for outside seating since we weren't in any particular hurry to eat. We really didn't think much about dining al fresco, we just wanted to enjoy the awesome weather we were having. As it turns out, the outside seating at this place is reason enough to eat there, as everyone gets their own little private pagoda! The food was incredible and Arlo was well behaved (for the most part.)
 |
| Erik and Arlo outside the Thai restaurant |
 |
| Arlo at the restaurant, entertaining us with his babbling |
On Sunday morning we headed to the beach to enjoy the salty air and sunshine. It was still too cold to swim, but we did dip Arlo's feet in the water for a quick second, just so we could say he went in the ocean ;)
Get ready for beach picture overload...
I would consider our first trip as a family of three a great success! We even managed to cloth diaper during the trip, except for at night and during the car ride there and back. I was nervous about how I was going to maintain my pumping schedule on the road and as it turns out it was a lot earlier than I thought it would be. I brought along my heavy duty hospital grade pump that I am renting from the birthing center, and a power inverter for the car, and just pumped when we were stopped someplace and Arlo needed to be fed. No big deal at all. This was a good practice run for the trip we are planning to take up to D.C. next month to visit family. Arlo slept the entire drive to the beach and again on the way back home, let's hope he decides to do the same for our next road trip!
No comments:
Post a Comment