Arlo was born on Tuesday, December 31st, 2013. Thinking back to when my labor started, I can't really pinpoint an exact time. I had been having mild contractions for a few days, but nothing that really felt like it could be the start of something more. I was told by the midwives and knew from our Bradley birthing class that those contractions (and the bloody show I was having) could last for days or even a week or two. I didn't get too excited about them, and honestly was hoping I had a few more days before he came. For 16 days prior to giving birth, I had been very, very sick. First with the flu and an ear infection, and eventually suspected pneumonia. In fact, the day prior to having Arlo, Erik had taken me in to our primary doctors office to be evaluated for the high fevers, chills, and fatigue that had returned over the weekend. I was started on antibiotics and a strong cough medicine and was told to just rest until the birth. Everyone knew how exhausted and weak I had been for over two weeks, and I think we all shared the same fear that I was going to be in trouble if labor started before I was well again. Little did we all know that Arlo had his own plans, he was coming out and was going to do it on his schedule, whether I was ready or not.
Monday night before going to bed I fortunately started to feel much better that I had been. The fever was finally gone and antibiotics seemed to be working. I took my cough medicine as instructed and was glad I did. The entire night I had regular contractions every 10-30 minutes. They were strong enough to wake me up but thanks to the medicine on board I was able to sleep between every one. It still felt like a long night waking up so frequently, but at least when I got up for the day I had a collective seven or so hours of sleep in me. Erik and I got up together at 6am, he was headed off to work and I couldn't sleep through the contractions any longer. I told him about the night I had, but neither one of us thought this could be the "real thing". We had breakfast together and still the moderate contractions continued, but seemed to be in an irregular pattern. We decided Erik could head off to work, his office is only a mile away and he is able to be home in minutes if needed. As well, being it was New Years Eve his office was closing early for the day, and he would be home mid afternoon. Before he left though, he became extremely motivated to make sure our birth bags were packed and waiting by the door, just in case this turned into something more. He went into work an hour late so he could help me finish getting my bag together and pack his own. Everything was ready to go and by the back door when he left for work.
After he left, I decided to do a few last minute things on my "birthing to do list". I spent a good hour transferring music and relaxation tracks onto my iPod so it was ready for the birth. I talked to my Mom somewhere around 10am to update her, but said it would probably be a few days yet before anything really happened. I remember I had to set down the phone twice during the short conversation, just to get through the contractions I had while talking to her. At 11am, I decided to relax on the couch and watch The Price is Right (after all, being sick at home the last couple of weeks had got me hooked on it!) I barely remember the show starting, and this is when things started to heat up. The contractions were getting stronger and definitely closer together. If I had to say, this was really the start of active labor. I went into the bathroom and was having a lot of trouble emptying my bladder, there was so much pelvic pressure and well, a baby head in the way. I remember leaning against the wall during those contractions, and eventually made my way back to the living room floor where I had what felt like a 4-5 minute long contraction. I was starting to lost my composure a little bit and finally decided to ask Erik to come home. At 11:51am I sent a text that said exactly "Needyou polease." His reply one minute later was "ok, be there soon."
Erik made it in the door in what felt like less than 10 minutes, although he says that it took him around 30 to finish what he was doing at work and come home. He took one look at me having a contraction on the couch and wide-eyed asked if I had called the midwife yet. I tried to explain there was no possible way that I could, and he grabbed my phone and called the Birthing Center immediately. Erik seemed a little confused as to why I hadn't been timing the most recent contractions and again I tried to say there was just no way I could do anything at that point besides what I was doing. The midwife told Erik to time them for 30 minutes and call them back. We were both surprised to learn that the contractions were coming just 3 minutes apart and lasting a minute or longer every time. I still remember telling him at this point (a little tearfully) that I was worried this was still early labor and that "I just wasn't very good at this." He assured me I was doing great and with contractions spaced this close together, it was criteria to go in. Between the contractions, realizing we would probably be leaving soon, Erik made us lunch, and I inhaled a veggie burger and 1/2 an avocado. During this time I also remember looking at Erik and telling him that even though it looked like I wasn't doing well, that I really was okay and said firmly "I don't want any drugs! I can handle this." He reassured me that I could, and kept telling me what a great job I was doing. After 30 minutes went by he called back the midwife and gave her the numbers. Upon hearing the information, and my loud moans in the background, she told us to leave right away.
Erik was urgently trying to get me in the car but I told him I had to change my pants, brush my teeth, and that I wanted to shower. He said no way to the shower but if I brushed my teeth fast I could do it before we left. He told me I didn't need to change out of my PJ pants but I insisted. He put on my track-style pants and immediately I told him they were too tight around my belly and took them off again. After the contraction that I was experiencing finished I looked around the room, decided there were no better pants to wear, and put the track pants back on. Erik said it was really time to go, I needed to get in the car, and now.
For some reason I had no problem taking my time getting my purse and last minute things together. Erik was quickly cleaning out the back of his Volvo wagon so I had the entire back to lay down in. There was no way on earth I was sitting in the front seat, and the back seat was taken up mostly by the car seat (which I was so insistent he install just days earlier!) I climbed in the back and was so happy I had thought to grab my pillow. I ended up in some crazy position with my arm draped over the back seat groping for any belt or buckle I could hang onto, and buried my face in my pillow during the five contractions I had on the 14 minute drive to the birthing center. I told Erik to pull over during contractions cause I couldn't handle the bumps and he did, but after the second one I told him to just keep driving. This was a mistake, driving through the contraction was just too much to handle. Erik was still timing them, so just before I was due for the next he pulled off the road and waited for it to pass, and for this I was so grateful. The last one was just as we pulled in the parking lot. Erik helped me out of the car and said he would come back for our things, which at the time sounded fine - in my mind I wasn't even sure if we would be staying. I was still at this point worried I wasn't even 4cm dilated and they might send me home.
Our arrival time to the birthing center was around 2pm. As we walked in the door, the midwife Allison and nurse Cheryl were standing there waiting for me. I felt a contraction coming on and asked them "where do I go?!" They asked if I had a birthing suite that I preferred. "Anyplace with a tub!" I said. They told me that all four rooms had tubs and then I think I started loudly vocalizing my need for a bed - and now. They pointed me to a room and I jumped on the bed and buried my face in the pillows for the next contraction. Allison and Cheryl followed us in the room and immediately started filling the tub. Erik tried to quietly tell Allison that our birthing instructor had recommended that we wait until the end of labor to utilize the tub for pain relief. She half smiled and said "based on the way she is acting this is the end." Erik was clearly surprised, and I was still not even sure I was really in active labor - ha! Allison asked me if she could do a cervical check and I told her yes, but to please be gentle as there was so much pelvic pressure already. "Kendra!" she said half laughing and half surprised. "You are 9cm!" Erik was shocked and so happy, and for the first time I had the realization that not only was I really in labor, but this baby was coming, and soon.
While the tub was filling I told them I really needed to empty my bladder and had been having difficulty doing so at home. They helped me get to the bathroom and I still couldn't go. Allison suggested that I get in the tub and see if the warm water helped. I asked her "I can pee in the tub?" And she said "of course!" I have to say, we were so lucky Allison was the midwife for the birth. The birthing center has several that work on rotating on-call shifts, so it was luck of the draw for who would be present for the birth. Allison had been one of our favorites during our prenatal care, and it must have been fate because she was also also the midwife who I saw the most frequently during our visits. She is very experienced as a midwife, and has even owned her own practice in the past. Of all the midwives in the birthing center, she is by far the most calm and laid-back, and I think it would take a lot to get her excited or nervous about anything. Exactly the personality you want for someone who works in this field. Anyway, back to the story.
When the tub was ready I took off everything I was wearing and got in. The warm water felt amazing. I remember looking around and noticed that Allison and Cheryl were reviewing our birth plan we had brought in during our last appointment, and Erik was setting up the video camera. For about 5 minutes I was feeling content and the first contraction or two didn't seem too unbearable. But then things changed. The intensity of the contractions that followed were almost indescribable. It was at this point where my mind started to go to the dark place. I doubted by ability to continue and said things like "I can't do this anymore" and at the beginning of contractions started moaning "no, no, no" as if that might make it stop. Erik told me that I was in transition and it would be over soon and kept reminding me that it wouldn't be long now until we met our little boy. He was amazing, kneeling by the tub the entire time saying all the right things. Eventually I told them I wanted out of the tub but Allison said that most of the time women want to get right back in, so I stayed put. Well sort of stayed put. I went from hands and knees to draping myself over the edge of the tub grabbing Erik's hand and then back to hands and knees, trying to find something to bring relief. At this point I felt like there was no way out, and even had the thought (although I never said it out loud) that our next baby would be in a hospital where they could give me drugs to completely knock me out and then somehow painlessly extract the baby from my body. Ha! The mind does some wild things during transition.
After about 45 min or an hour in the tub Cheryl mentioned that I still hadn't emptied my bladder and they talked about putting in a temporary catheter to drain it. I was very much in favor of this. I knew ahead of time it was likely since I was having difficulty with that in the beginning and the pelvic pressure was only increasing at this point. I knew a full bladder wouldn't let the baby descend and I didn't want anything to prolong this process! Even though as a nurse I knew that I needed to get out of the tub for this, I still asked in my irrational state if they could just do the catheter in the tub. Looking back, this was a hilarious thing for me to even think since I know it is a sterile procedure, but again I just wasn't my usual right minded self. They helped me to the bed and drained 250cc of urine from me. This isn't a lot for most people, but in my pregnant state it was probably maximum capacity for my bladder so it was a good thing they helped me get it out.
I stayed on the bed for the rest of the labor. Again, I tried different positions trying to bring relief for the contractions which were now coming one right after the next, giving me very short breaks between them. My preferred position was hands and knees but Allison started to suggest I try different things to help bring the baby down. She had encouraged me while I was in the tub to reach inside and feel the baby's head, and I could feel both the bag of waters and his head just behind it. I reached down several times to feel this as it was the best motivation I had to keep doing the very hard work I was doing. The bag of waters felt like a small water balloon and his head felt really hard in comparison. I think she said he was at zero or +1 station around the time I got on the bed, so he still had to move down the birth canal a bit. Allison checked me again at some point and said anytime I had the urge I was clear to start pushing. I reminded her I didn't want to push until my body told me to, and she said that was fine but we should start trying things like squatting to encourage him to move down. In my birth plan, I had put that I preferred to push in a squatting position and thought I might even deliver on the birthing stool. In reality, I hated squatting and felt like it increased the pressure to a level I couldn't handle. Allison brought in the birthing ball and put it on the bed and they supported me while I draped myself over the ball and labored a bit like that. I soon after went back to hands and knees because that was the only thing that felt tolerable to me.
The only monitoring they did of the baby during the entire labor was intermittent with the handheld doppler. I hated when they checked, not that it hurt but I felt like it took me out of my zone a little bit. His checks were fine until I had been on the bed about 30 minutes or so. They realized his heart rate was a bit low in the 110's and he was having a little trouble recovering after contractions, likely to do his position on the cord. They never got excited, but Allison said at this time it was better that he come out sooner than later. I asked her if she broke my water if that would speed things along. She said it might, but knew it was in our birth plan not to have an artificial rupture of membranes and I feel like she wanted to respect our wishes. I knew at this point it wouldn't matter if they were broke by her or naturally, he was coming soon and nothing was going to stop that. I remember getting a bit frustrated and saying something like "geez this is really a strong bag of waters I have!" and Allison said that meant I was well nourished. I thought about it for a moment and then asked her to go ahead and break them for me. I think there was some discussion between her and Erik at this time to make sure everyone was okay with this intervention, and finally I said "yes, do it!" She broke the water but nothing came out at the time. She said with the next push it would. At some point his heart rate was rechecked and they said he must of moved off the cord and everything was normal again. I was curious to see the amniotic fluid come out so I gave a little push. Still on my hands and knees, I looked down between my legs to see a small waterfall of light brown fluid come out. All I could say was "it's brown" but I knew that meant he had passed meconium which could indicate fetal distress. Neither Allison or Cheryl got excited or nervous, or if they were they certainly didn't show it. But I knew it was time to get him out and the only way to do that was really start pushing.
I had read in so many birth stories and books that pushing often felt good to women, it was a way to relive some of the pain from the contractions and was often a welcome phase at the end of labor. I can't say this was my experience. I was having so much rectal pressure at this time I said at one point that it felt like something inside of me was going to break. Allison assured me with a little laugh that "that usually doesn't happen." Our birthing instructor had described this feeling as the urge to "poop out a cantaloupe" and I have to say that is a pretty accurate description. Allison said the only way to make that feeling go away was to push him out. They had me move from my hands and knees position to a right side laying position and held up my left leg during contractions. I gave a couple of good, grunting, red faced pushes and suddenly felt his head low in the birth canal. The sensation of this was so intense that the motivation to push him out became stronger than the contractions themselves.
With his head so low in the birth canal, I guess they could really see things happening down below. I wasn't sure how Erik was going to respond to this phase of the labor. He is pretty squeamish with blood and body fluids and I had envisioned him hanging out near my head, away from the action. Boy was I wrong. He was standing with the midwife, offering encouraging comments to me but also saying things like "wow, you have to see this, this is amazing!" He grabbed the mirror nearby and tried to show me what they were seeing. I couldn't really figure out what I was looking at with the quick glance I took in the mirror but took their word for it. Unable to stand the pressure of the head in it's current spot, I used the next contraction to push with everything I had. I felt something come out, and felt the infamous "ring of fire" although it lasted about a half second. If I hadn't been waiting for it I might not even have noticed. "Is he out?" I asked. "Just the head" Allison told me. My next thought was "well I am gonna fix that quick!" and still using the power of the contraction I was having gave one more giant push. Out the rest of him came onto the bed and into the hands of Allison. Erik said he came out so fast that Allison tried to put her hands out to slow him down. I had written in the birth plan that I wanted slow, gentle pushing and warm massage oil for lubrication. The nurse Cheryl was still in the process of getting the oil when Arlo came rushing out into the world. He wasn't waiting and neither was I! Arlo was born at 4:16pm, just over two hours after we arrived at the birthing center.
Allison immediately placed Arlo up on my belly. His cord was a little short to come all the way up to my chest so he stayed there for a while as I had requested delayed cord clamping to allow him to receive all the blood in the cord. I couldn't believe he had arrived. I told him I loved him already and how cute he was, even though I couldn't even really see him very well! I asked Erik if the baby "looked like an Arlo" and Erik said yes. We had kept the name a surprise to everyone, even our parents, until he was born, and had wanted to make sure he fit the name. Erik at this point was by my side with the biggest smile on his face. We were both in a little state of shock, everything seemed to happen so fast and suddenly here we were looking at our little boy. Erik came around and laid with me on the bed while we waited to cut the cord. When the time came, Allison asked Erik if he wanted to do it and even though initially he thought he might pass on that, happily took the opportunity to be the one to separate us. Arlo was dried off and I couldn't believe how clean he looked. Not a speck of vernix on him, which is rare since he arrived 8 days earlier than he was scheduled. He didn't cry too much right away, but made a few small whimpers and they listened to him and said his lungs were clear. He pinked up pretty quickly with the exception of his little hands which stayed purple for a bit. They told me this was normal and not to worry.
Once Arlo and I were both checked over with him on my chest, we were left alone to bond and admire our new baby. Allison and Cheryl left and closed the door, and for an hour or so it was just the three of us. Eventually Cheryl came back in to help me try and breastfeed for the first time. Arlo was a bit sleepy at the time and didn't want to latch on right away. However, we tried again a bit later and after a few attempts he started to get the hang of it. He was so quiet and mellow right from the start, but was wide eyed and alert most of the first couple of hours. After our bonding and breastfeeding time, Arlo was weighed and measured. He weighed in at a whopping 6 pounds 3 ounces, and measured 19 inches long. I knew he was going to be small, but was surprised he was that tiny!
Arlo was given to Erik so they could enjoy some skin-to-skin time together, and Cheryl helped me up to the bathroom and back to the bed. I was very surprised at how good I was feeling post-partum. I had a protein bar, a big bowl of noodle soup, and then another granola bar - I was starving. And so thirsty... I think I drank over a liter of water in a short time following the birth. I kept having Erik fill my water bottle with diluted lemonade, I couldn't get enough. After I ate I took a shower in the tub which felt wonderful. Clean and fed with a new little baby in my arms, I felt absolutely amazing and sat on the bed, completely in awe of what a great experience the past few hours had been.
The hours after birth flew by at record speed. I have been told that labor is a time warp but I felt it continued until we got home that evening. Before we left, a different nurse came in (Cheryl had left for the day) and provided our discharge teaching and paperwork. We were ready to head home around 10pm (just about 6 hours after the birth) but Arlo decided he wanted to try to feed again at that time so we stayed until 11pm, and had what I would consider our first really successful feeding session. Finally dressed and loaded into the infant car seat which looked way too big for his tiny body, we were ready to head home.
Coming in the door with Arlo felt surreal, I didn't really think when we left the house that afternoon we would soon be returning home with him outside my body. One of the first things I did when I got home was eat another meal - I was still so hungry! We put the car seat on the floor in the living room floor and sat next to him admiring his sweet, sleepy self. Our dog, Lucy, was going nuts trying to smell him and figure out this new little addition to the family. When we let her near Arlo, she used her nose to try and push his blanket over him. I am not sure if she was being motherly or trying to cover him up as if to say "nope, don't like it, take him away!" We had turned on the TV to watch the New Years Eve shows, and the next thing I knew I was listening to the countdown for the ball drop. I couldn't imagine a better way to have rung in the new year!
The whole birthing experience for me was quite possibly the very best experience of my life. I feel so lucky that I was able to have the natural birth experience that we had prepared and planned for. We spent two hours a week for the 12 weeks prior to the delivery taking the Bradley Method birthing classes, supplemented that knowledge with additional books and videos, and went into the birth well-educated about the process. I know a lot of unexpected things can happen during labor, and while we were confident in our choice to have a birth at a freestanding birthing center, we knew there was always the possibility of an unexpected emergency which would require a hospital transfer. We had a separate page in our birthing plan for things we desired in the event of a transfer, and even our wishes should a ceserian section become necessary. Fortunately, we didn't need to use that part of our birth plan, and for the most part, it was followed as written.
Not to knock a hospital birth, we all need to make the choices that are best for each one of us, but I can't say enough good things about having an out-of-hospital birth. There was no registration upon arrival to the birthing center. No paperwork to fill out. No armband placed on my wrist, the midwife knew Erik and I well as we had met her several times during prenatal appointments. There was no IV fluids or pitocin, and even no heplock. There was no changing into a hospital gown, they encourage you to wear your own clothes to be comfortable during the birth (in my case I was pretty much naked from the time I arrived to the time I left!) There was no hooking up to a monitor upon arrival, just intermittent monitoring with the handheld doppler. There was no one checking my vital signs all the time, in fact they forgot to get a baseline set until I had already settled into the tub. There was a second set taken after delivery and that was it. There was no hospital bed or medical equipment in sight (everything is hidden in the dresser or under the queen size bed in the room). The lights were dim and room was quiet as we had requested. There were no strangers coming in and out of the room, it was just Allison, Cheryl, and Erik present for the entire birth (and luckily we were the only ones there so they could focus on just us). There was no one telling me which position to be in, or where I could labor. I could have delivered in the tub if I had desired. Not once was I offered pain medication, nor did I request it (or even have the thought cross my mind). There was no epidural or sedation of any kind, both Arlo and I were alert and awake immediately following the birth. When it came time for delivery, there was no bright lights and no gathering of the medical team. No one telling me how or when to push. There were no stirrups and I certainly wasn't placed flat on my back (which makes it much harder for baby to come out). No one took my baby when he came out, he was placed directly on my chest and only the minimum amount of assessment was done immediately after delivery. He never left my sight the entire time we were there. No one cut the cord immediately, it was delayed to allow Arlo to receive as much blood as possible from the placenta. Speaking of which, there was no manual traction applied to the placenta (which can cause hemorrhage in the mother after birth) and no routine pitocin injection given. There were no newborn procedures of any kind. No eye ointment, no hep B vaccine, and no bath. He wasn't suctioned immediately after birth because he didn't need it (90% of vaginally born babies don't). We declined the vitamin K injection (it contains aluminum and other preservatives and the dose is 20,000 times more than a newborn needs) and instead opted for the oral form of vitamin K which we bought and administered ourselves. We were not required to stay at the birthing center for 24 hours, in fact they allow you to leave after four hours if you are ready. We stayed about seven hours after the delivery and felt ready to leave even a little before that. That night, we slept together as a family, at home, in our own bed.
I am still in awe of the natural process that labor and birth really is. Left alone without intervention, it unfolds as a truly magical process. The female body knows how to have a baby, and is designed to do so. Raw, intense, and powerful? Yes. Beautiful and natural? Absolutely.
I can't wait to do it again. :)
If you are interested in reading our birth plan, you can do so below...
Birth
Plan for Baby B.
Kendra
& Erik B.
To
our healthcare provider,
Thank
you so much for helping us have a natural, unmedicated, childbirth
that is safe and viable for mom and baby. We
understand that
unexpected things may arise which require deviations from our plan.
In such cases, we trust our providers will communicate with us and
allow us to be part of the shared
decision making.
We
have completed a 12 week Bradley Childbirth Class series, and would
like to have the opportunity to use the methods we learned in class
to help us achieve the natural birth we have prepared for. Please
feel free to offer additional support, suggestions for natural pain
control, or anything else you think may help. We trust your
knowledge and experience!
Labor:
- Erik will be present at all times as the birth coach, and we plan to have no other family or visitors present for the birth.
- We will be using natural pain relief measures: relaxation, positioning, tub/shower, birthing ball, massage, etc.
- Please do not offer any medication. (Please also know that I am extremely sensitive to medications and have not done well with narcotics in past experiences.)
- We prefer to have a the room quiet with soft lighting for the labor and birth.
- Unless it becomes medically necessary, I would like to avoid all vaginal examinations including cervical checks. I would prefer not to know dilation status during labor.
- We would prefer to let the bag of waters break naturally.
- In the event of a stalled labor, please suggest natural augmentation methods such as nipple stimulation, homeopathic remedies, accupressure, etc.
Delivery/Birth:
- We would like to keep our options open when it comes to birthing positions. I am interested in birthing in the tub if it feels good at the time, or in a squatting position, or hands and knees. I would prefer not to birth laying down.
- I would like to wait until I naturally have the urge to push, and not be instructed to do so. I will not mind a cervical check at that time to ensure that I am fully dilated and it is safe to start pushing. I would like to follow my body's instincts when it comes to pushing, and receive as little coaching as possible.
- I would like the opportunity to feel the baby crowning and given the option to see him in a mirror.
- I prefer to tear naturally during delivery. Please encourage gentle pushing at the end to allow the head to come out slowly. Please also use perineal support measures such as massage, oil, and a warm compress.
- We request delayed cord clamping and for baby to be placed immediately on my chest for bonding and breastfeeding.
- Please give Erik the option to cut the cord when the time comes.
- We are declining active 3rd stage management. I would like to deliver the placenta unassisted and avoid the Pitocin injection after birth.
- Please do not suction baby unless deemed medically necessary.
- Please save the placenta! We will be taking it home for consumption and will provide a container to do so.
- Please allow us 2-3 hours to bond with baby before he is weighed, measured, etc.
Newborn
Procedures:
- We are declining the administration of eye ointment.
- We are declining the Vitamin K injection and have in our possession the oral Vitamin K we plan to use as an alternative.
- We decline the Hepatitis B vaccine.
- We prefer to give baby his first bath at home to retain the protective vernix covering his skin at birth.
If
Hospital Transfer becomes necessary, please
follow instructions in birth plan above. In addition::
- If IV is deemed necessary, please use a heplock that I can move around and walk as needed. I do not wish to have IV fluids and will keep myself hydrated orally.
- Intermittent fetal monitoring, not continuous.
- Please no internal fetal monitoring unless emergency arises.
- Vaginal exams only upon consent and as few as possible to avoid rupture of membranes
- Please no pitocin or breaking of water unless deemed medically necessary
- No analgesia or anesthesia
- Freedom to move and walk during labor
- Freedom to eat and drink in labor
- Quiet room, no excess staff please
- Breastfeeding only: no bottles, pacifiers, artificial nipples, formula, or water
- No suctioning of baby unless necessary
- To have the PKU heel poke screening of baby delayed until the 2 week checkup
- No Vitamin K, eye ointment, vaccinations, bath or other routine treatments of baby
- No
circumcision
In
the event of an emergency Cesarean Section, we would prefer:
- For Erik to be preset at all times
- To remain conscious and given as little anesthesia as possible
- To have immediate contact with baby if he is in good health
- To breastfeed as soon as possible
congrats! how exciting. we had allison as our (second) midwife too! she is excellent. arlo is beautiful! (love the name!) -erin
ReplyDeleteThank you for your kind words Erin! :)
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for sharing your beautiful story Kendra! It's made me so happy to read. Arlo is perfect! You are an awesome inspiration.
ReplyDeleteMary Elizabeth - Thank you so much! I really appreciate your kind words. Also, I found your art website through your blogger profile and Erik and I just sat here and looked through the items you have for sale. Your work is absolutely incredible. We were both amazed at the intricate details, the Wedding Bird toasting flutes are my absolute favorite. If I was planning my wedding right now I think I might need to buy them! Great to meet you in our class, good luck to you both. You guys are going to make great parents and there will be no shortage of laughter in your house with your husbands sense of humor ;) - K
Delete